Sex Crime Lawyer
Sex Crime Attorney
Having any type of criminal record usually imposes restrictions on your options in life; but sex crimes are unique in their ability to destroy lives, because of the revulsion with which society views a convicted sex offender. The severity of a charge deems for an experienced Tampa sex crimes lawyer to build a defense case.Life after a Sex Crime Conviction
If you are convicted as a sex offender in Florida, when you’re released, you will be required to register his address with the state sex offender registry. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) will make that information available to the general public on their website, and will include a photo of you so you can be easily identified. Everyone will know of your conviction, and if a sexual offense occurs anywhere nearby, you will be among the first to be questioned. Your conviction will usually follow you for the remainder of your life, making it hard to get any job, and impossible to get a job involving children. No one will want to rent to you, and if you do find housing, your neighbors may object to having you live near them. They might even put posters around the neighborhood with your name, address, and photo to warn others of your presence in the area.
And that’s if you’re lucky enough to be released at the end of your prison sentence. You could be held in civil commitment and not be able to regain your freedom, despite having served your time. It’s the punishment that keeps on punishing.
Now add to that the fact that because sex crimes are seldom witnessed and physical evidence is frequently lacking, there is more potential for a conviction resulting from a false accusation. At the first whisper that you may be accused of a sexual offense, call the best sex crimes lawyer in Tampa. You can’t make a better choice than attorney Will Hanlon when your entire future is on the line.Sex Crimes in Florida Law
The three main categories of sex crimes in Florida are:
- Lewd or lascivious acts, which are sex offenses in which the victim is younger than 16.
- Sexual battery (rape), which is any non-consensual sexual activity that is forced or coerced, or in which the victim was incapacitated.
- Unlawful sex with minors (statutory rape) is when a person age 24 years or older engages in consensual sex with a minor (age 17 or under).
Each category has possible defenses, depending on the circumstances of the case. Your attorney will determine the most effective defense available to you, given the facts of your situation.Tampa Sex Crimes Lawyer
Tampa criminal defense attorney Will Hanlon has the experience, knowledge, skill, focus, and commitment to ensuring that every defendant who hires him, regardless of the nature of the charges, receives the full protection of the rights guaranteed by the US Constitution. You are entitled to the best available defense, the presumption of innocence, and proper police procedure.
Potential defenses to sex crime allegations include the following:
- You are innocent and can prove that you could not have committed the crime because you were elsewhere at the time it occurred.
- The accusing party, if he or she is old enough, consented to sex.
- You had a mental disease or defect and consequently were not responsible for your act.
Discuss possible defenses with your attorney who will advise you which of these best applies to your situation.
If you are his client, you can count on Hanlon Law to protect your rights at every stage and to treat you with the dignity and respect that you deserve as he fights for your freedom.Don’t Risk Your Future by Delaying Your Call
Any delay in retaining a top-rated sex crimes lawyer in Tampa could potentially harm your case. Call Will Hanlon without delay if you have been arrested or even questioned by police. Will has received the highest possible AVVO rating—10 (superb)—, based on an independent analysis of an attorney’s years in practice, professional achievements, disciplinary history, and industry recognition. He has been successfully defending the accused against criminal allegations in Tampa and the Central Gulf Coast region of Florida for twenty-five years. Don’t take a chance on your future. Call Will Hanlon today.
- Child Pornography Charges
- Exposure Of Sexual Organs
- Federal Child Pornography Charges
- Federal Sex Crimes
- Lewd and Lascivious Battery
- Lewd and Lascivious Conduct
- Lewd and Lascivious Exhibition
- Lewd and Lascivious Molestation
- Prostitution Charges
- Registration as a Sex Offender or Sexual Predator
- Removal of the Requirement to Register as a Sexual Offender or Sexual Predator in Special Circumstances
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Cyber Harassment
- Statutory Rape Charges
- Traveling To Meet A Minor
- Unnatural Or Lascivious Act Charges